Two Ring Software exists to create tools that help people.
Software should work within a dharmic model of interaction:
- Quality: deliver software that is safe and maintainable–that means code that is tested, well-factored and documented
- Harmony: we may not be the first or last to touch a codebase–respect the decisions of those that have come before, and try to leave it better than we found it for those who come after
- Duty: our products are meant to help those who use them–seek to understand users' problems and empathize with their needs
Morality: cultivate respect and compassion between...
- developers: leave ego behind when solving problems and teaching others
- developers and users: shun psychological tricks and exploitative practices
- users (and even nonusers): encourage healthy lifestyles and maintain humanity
Above all, we strive for simplicity and elegance in every aspect of our products, whether in code or user experience.